COVID-19 24/7 Support Line: 833-986-1919
The outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) may cause anxiety.
To speak with a mental health professional for help dealing with stress, please call the toll-free COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 833-986-1919.
Download the flyer.
The following are some updates on MHMRCV programs:
- The Center’s IDD Day Programs and the San Angelo Clubhouse will remain closed through May 4, 2020, or until further notice.
- IDD Service Coordinators will begin providing contacts & coordination via their phones from their homes on Monday; with the exception of a “skeleton crew” remaining at the Center.
- IDD Group Homes are being staffed 24/7. Visitors are limited. Everyone (visitors and staff) are screened, including taking temperatures before entering.
- The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team continues to provide crisis screenings with a heightened awareness of preventative actions to stay healthy.
- MHMR Crisis Respite remains open utilizing Center-wide health/safety precautions.
- The IDD Dual Diagnosis Clinic, Adult & Children's Mental Health Clinics continue to provide services utilizing the Center’s Medical Director’s Safety Protocols.
- The Adult Outpatient Clinic and the Family Youth Guidance Center will limit the number of people entering the lobbies of each facility. Staff will utilize the Patient Health Screening Tool and associated algorithm for service provision as a person comes in the door. Patients will be asked to wait outside or in their car (considering the weather) until a staff notifies them that it is time to see their provider.
- Office of the Texas Governor: https://gov.texas.gov/coronavirus
- The Texas Department of State Health Services is monitoring the risk for Texans.
- San Angelo Public Health Emergency Preparedness: https://www.cosatx.us/departments-services/health-services/public-health-emergency-preparedness
- Please refer to www.cdc.gov/ for more information on COVID-19.
- CDC Resources on Stress and Coping during COVID-19
- John Hopkins Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
MHMR Services for the Concho Valley was established in 1966 and is the Mental Health and Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority for Coke, Concho, Crocket, Irion, Reagan, Sterling, and Tom Green Counties.
MHMRCV operates as a unit of local government and has a nine-member Board of Trustees who are appointed by its Sponsoring Agencies: Angelo State University, City of San Angelo, San Angelo ISD and Tom Green County.
Our Mission Statement is Working Together to Help People Help Themselves
The mission of MHMR Services for the Concho Valley is to offer an array of services and supports which respond to the needs of people with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and substance use disorders, enabling them to make choices that result in lives of dignity and increased independence.