What is the YES Waiver?
The YES Waiver is a 1915 C Medicaid program that allows for more flexibility in the funding of intensive community-based services for children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbances and their families.
What are the Type of Services?
- Adaptive Aids and Supports
- Community Living Supports
- Family Supports
- Minor Home Modifications
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Paraprofessional Services
- Professional Services
- Supportive Family Based Alternatives
- Transitional Services
These services are provided in conjunction with services available through the Medicaid State Plan, other federal, state, and local programs (when eligibility requirements are met) as well as the natural supports that families and communities provide.
Who is Eligible for YES Waiver Services?
- Be between the ages of 3 - 18 years;
- Reside in Coke, Concho, Crockett, Irion, Reagan, Sterling and Tom Green Counties
- Reside in a non-institutional setting with the child or adolescent's Legally Authorized Representative (LAR); or in the child or adolescent's own home or apartment, if legally emancipated;
- Be eligible for Medicaid, under Medicaid Eligibility Group included in the approved waiver; Parental income is not counted in financial eligibility;
- Choose, or have the LAR choose, the Waiver program services as an alternative to care in an inpatient psychiatric facility;
- Meets the HHSC Department of State Health Services (DSHS) clinical criteria (including, but not limited to risk of self-harm, risk of severe disruptive or aggressive behavior, family resources, and risk of school behavior); and
- There must be a reasonable expectation that, without Waiver services, the child or adolescent would qualify for inpatient care under the Texas Medicaid inpatient psychiatric admission.
How do I Access the YES Waiver Services?
You may contact the staff at: MHMR Services for the Concho Valley (325) 658-7750 or the 24-hour helpline (833) 626-4426.